The transition to college does not have to be a difficult one, but it starts with choosing a school you truly enjoy so you will be happy at the school. After this there are a few things that are important to mention.
- Start good habits of organizing your life in high school
- Try not to be to dependent on your parents high school because your parents won’t be there in college
- Meet as many people as you can during orientation
- Do not be concerned if you do not have close friends by the end of orientation, you will make friends and grow closer over time.
- Understand that your first few friends may not be the same friends you have all of college
- Start early/stay ahead of your work
- Most important: Make friends with your roommate or at least develop a mutual respect so you two don’t hate each other
“Times change, we need to change as well.”
~Francois Pienaar/Matt Damon from Invictus
If you would like more advice continue reading here:
My Movie Choice of the Week: